Friday, February 27, 2009

Long Winter...

It's been a long winter this year. I haven't had much to report because, well, I haven't been up to much. February is traditionally a low point in the school year, and this year it seemed especially so. But the plum blossoms are here, and if I can survive one more cold, wet month, I'm promised a glorious spring. I did go skiing about a month ago and am waiting for a friend to send me pictures of the day. Tomorrow I hope to go sake tasting, so stay tuned for a new cultural update. Until then, here are some random pictures from the past month. Enjoy.
A typical scene on the Fukuoka subway.
Mayonnaise. Food for ages 0-100. The Japanese love their mayonnaise, yes they do.
A beautiful snowy day, which I didn't really get to enjoy as I was home sick all day. Still, I went for a short walk, and snapped this shot on the bridge I cross to get to school everyday, looking back at my neighborhood.

1 comment:

barbra r said...

thanks for sharing, ali! i like the pics!