Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Weekend in Nagoya
I had my last three-day weekend for awhile so I jumped on the Shinkansen to visit some friends in central Honshu. It took about 3.5 hours on the train (don't ask how much it cost!) and before I knew it I was having dinner with my friend Justin from Portland! Here are some pictures from the weekend, in no particular order:
This is the view out of Justin's friends' apartment, overlooking the fabulous Osu Kannon temple. Wow!
Best sunset view!
We spent one day playing games at the "fun center" where I particularly liked this Taiko game.
At the game center we saw girls dressed up for their coming-of-age ceremonies (the reason for the three-day weekend).
It was freezing cold so the girls all had mink stoles to keep warm!
A few loners rejected the kimono fashion.
Apparently everyone wearing a kimono is turning 20 this year.
I'm a bit blurry here, as I head through the torii gates in Inuyama.
Inuyama Castle is the oldest surviving castle in Japan. It looks pretty much like all the other castles. The day was freezing cold, hence my new earmuffs. I think my friend Jarrad was embarrassed to be seen with me...
The first blossoms of the year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment