


I finally got some photos from the ski trip I took a month ago to Hiroshima with a group of people from a cafe I like to go to, so here they are! It was a long, expensive day, but fun and lovely. I hadn't been downhill skiing in ten years, and I would have snowboarded if I'd realized that's what everyone else was doing. I was kinda out of the loop, not speaking Japanese and all... Only a few people in the group spoke English, but they were still too shy to use it much. Maru-san, who runs the cafe I mentioned, went out of his way to include me and I so appreciated it! At the end of the day we got back on the bus he hired and went to an onsen (hot spring) down the mountain. After soaking naked with the ladies, and especially after they had a few drinks on the bus, people really opened up to talking to me, but by then I was way pooped from the long day. It was a five hour drive to the slopes, so I doubt if I'll be doing much skiing next year. Still, it was quite fun and I'm grateful to Maru for inviting me and sharing his photos with me. And for the excellent peanut sauce on my chicken at the cafe tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment